Today is W. E. B. Du Bois's birthday! He would have been 149 years old. Restless is celebrating the life of this pioneering civil-rights activist and sociologist by offering a special 25% discount on the Restless Classics edition of his magnum opus, The Souls of Black Folk, which Atlantic staff writer and introducer Vann R. Newkirk II calls "perhaps the most influential work about race in America." Included in the edition are beautiful original illustrations by printmaker Steve Prince, who in his images tells "the potent story of African-Americans rising from the depths of slavery and making a way out of no way." Enter "DUBOISDAY" at checkout when you buy the book from Restless to get 25% off.
Essence publishes Atlantic writer Vann R. Newkirk II's striking introduction to the Restless Classics edition of The Souls of Black Folk with the riveting illustrations of printmaker Steve Prince.Read More
Filip Springer, author of History of a Disappearance: The Forgotten Story of a Polish Town, will be in the United States from Poland this spring for an author tour. He'll also be in Hay-on-Wye, Wales, in May for the Hay Festival and back in the UK in August for the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Catch him in person at one of these live events! Watch this space for updates.
- April 25, 2017: UIC Polish Studies Annual Hejna Conference (Chicago, IL)
- April 25, 2017: Unabridged Bookstore (Chicago, IL)
- April 26, 2017: The Booksmith (San Francisco, CA)
- April 29, 2017: Common Good Books (Saint Paul, MN)
- May 2, 2017: Ridgewoodteka Book Club at Topos Bookstore Café (Ridgewood [Queens], NY)
- May 3, 2017: PEN World Voices Festival: "Water as Weapon" (New York, NY)
- May 4, 2017: PEN World Voices Festival's Literary Quest: Westbeth Edition (New York, NY)
- May 5, 2017: Lit Crawl NYC's "A Most Exquisite Corpse" (New York, NY)
- May 6, 2017: Greenpoint Public Library (Brooklyn, NY)
- May 26, 2017: Hay Festival (Hay-on-Wye, Wales, UK)
- August 13, 2017: Edinburgh International Book Festival (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)